- Members must arrive 5-10 minutes early to set up their instrument and music.
- All members must bring their own music stand, SSYO folder and a pencil to rehearsals.
- It is recommended to bring a water bottle. If bringing food, it must be eaten outside.
- Members are expected to demonstrate a high standard of behaviour at all times, following directions from the conductor and staff, having good listening behaviour in rehearsals and performances, and being polite to others around them.
- SSYO t-shirt
- Black shoes
- Black pants/long skirt or long blue jeans
- Long hair tied back with a black or white band/ribbon/scrunchie
- Unexplained absences from rehearsal and performances are not permitted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of absences.
- Absences are only permitted in the following circumstances: illness, compulsory school event, special event relating to another extra-curricular activity (eg. sporting final, dance performance etc.) or special family event.
- Members who are unwell on the day of a rehearsal or performance are asked not to attend. Unwell means suffering from a fever, cough, sore throat, blocked/runny nose (not related to allergies), nausea or vomiting.
- Folders are handed out in Week 1 and must be returned at the end of each term.
- The folder is the member's responsibility during the term and must remain in the same condition as it was in Week 1.
- All music must be in the folder upon its return. Missing or damaged music will incur a fee of $5 per piece.
- Lost or damaged folders will incur a fee of $30, plus the fee for each missing piece of music.
- Pencil markings only are permitted on the music. No pen or highlighter is permitted.